Deborah C. Tomczyk is chair of Reinhart’s Real Estate Practice, a shareholder in the firm’s Corporate Law Practice, and chair of Reinhart’s Entitlements Group. Debby assists clients in all aspects of real estate development, from structuring deals to obtaining financing and permits to ensuring that projects are successful. Debby’s specialties include government relations, zoning, land use, eminent domain, licensing, tax increment financing and business improvement districts.
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School; Order of the Coif
B.A., magna cum laude, Smith College; Phi Beta Kappa
- Regularly represents developers and anchors of retail, office, industrial and mixed use sites
- Obtains annexation, comprehensive planning, zoning, land divisions, environmental permits and tax incentives
- Interfaces with local legislative bodies and state and federal agencies, including numerous municipal authorities, Wisconsin Departments of Administration, Natural Resources, Transportation, Revenue and Professional Services, State Historical Society, Army Corps of Engineers and U.S. Department of Interior
- Honors & Affiliations
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2009-2017)
- Best Lawyers’ 2017 Milwaukee Land Use and Zoning Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers’ 2015 Milwaukee Real Estate Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers in America (Land Use and Zoning Law; Real Estate Law)
- Named by Wisconsin Law Journal as a 2015 “Woman in the Law”
- Power Book: The Milwaukee Area’s Most Influential People, The Business Journal (2013)
- Milwaukee Business Journal “40 Under Forty” award recipient
- Wisconsin Top Rated Lawyer Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Awarded the Professional Services Leadership Award by Wisconsin Commercial Real Estate Women (WCREW) in 2007
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Chair of Real Property Probate and Trust Section of State Bar
- WCREW (former president)
- National CREW Network (former national delegate)
- NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Wisconsin Chapter (former Board member; chair of Public Affairs Committee)
Fifteen Reinhart attorneys are recognized as 2017 “Leaders in their Field” by Chambers USA.
98 Reinhart attorneys have been named 2017 “Best Lawyers in America” and nine are “Lawyers of the Year.”
Sixteen Reinhart attorneys are named “Leaders in their Field” by Chambers USA.
Kristin Bergstrom and Debby Tomczyk, Both 2015 “Women in the Law” Honorees, Profiled in Wisconsin Law Journal
Kristin Bergstrom and Debby Tomczyk, both 2015 “Women in the Law” honorees.
Reinhart Shareholders Bergstrom and Tomczyk Named 2015 “Women in the Law” by Wisconsin Law Journal.
Reinhart Attorneys and Practice Areas Recognized as Legal Profession Leaders by Chambers USA.
Best Lawyers in America 2015 Includes 89 Reinhart Attorneys; Six are “Lawyers of the Year”
Reinhart Real Estate Shareholder Debby Tomczyk Quoted in Milwaukee Business Journal Article on Sam’s Club Development
Reinhart Real Estate shareholder Debby Tomczyk quoted in Milwaukee Business Journal article on Sam’s Club development.
Reinhart Attorneys and Practice Areas Recognized as Legal Profession Leaders by Chambers USA
Reinhart Real Estate Shareholder Debby Tomczyk Quoted in Green Bay Press Gazette Article on Proposed Walmart Superstore
Reinhart Real Estate shareholder Debby Tomczyk quoted in Green Bay Press Gazette article on proposed Walmart superstore.
Reinhart shareholder Debby Tomczyk featured in Business Journal-Milwaukee’s Executive Profile.
Reinhart’s Jerry Janzer and Debby Tomczyk named to Milwaukee’s power broker list
Best Lawyers in America 2014 Includes 85 Reinhart Attorneys; Seven are “Lawyers of the Year”
Nineteen Reinhart Attorneys Recognized as 2013 “Leaders in Their Field” by Chambers USA.
Best Lawyers in America 2013 Includes 83 Reinhart Attorneys; Four Are “Lawyers of the Year”
NAIOP Wisconsin, Recipient of National Capitol Dome Award, Congratulates Reinhart Shareholder and NAIOP Public Affairs Co-Chair Debby Tomczyk
NAIOP Wisconsin, recipient of National Capitol Dome Award, congratulates Reinhart shareholder and NAIOP public affairs co-chair Debby Tomczyk.
68 Attorneys from Reinhart Included in the Best Lawyers in America 2012.
Reinhart Attorney Deb Tomczyk Quoted in Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Article About Milwaukee Plan Commission’s Vote Against a Large National Retailer’s Grocery Store
Reinhart attorney Deb Tomczyk quoted in Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article about Milwaukee Plan Commission’s vote against a large national retailer’s grocery store.
Chambers USA Recognizes Reinhart Lawyers and Practice Groups as Legal Profession Leaders.
Chambers USA Recognizes Reinhart Lawyers and Practice Groups.
Deborah Tomczyk in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Article about our clients’ zoning approval quotes Deborah Tomczyk.
Reinhart Real Estate Shareholder Deborah Tomczyk a Recent Participant in Law Practice Today’s Roundtable, “What Law Firms Expect from New Lawyers”
Social media and face-to-face communication can present both challenges and opportunities for young lawyers. Find out what Reinhart shareholder Deborah Tomczyk says on the topic during Law Practice Today’s roundtable discussion.