Reinhart’s Immigration attorneys not only help interpret, understand and apply immigration laws and regulations, but we are also frequently involved in getting new or enhanced favorable immigration legislation signed into law. We are actively and personally involved in both state and national advocacy efforts to enact laws that enhance and expand an organization’s ability to effectively and efficiently hire and retain foreign workers to meet its human talent needs.
We regularly collaborate with other practices relevant to our client’s immigration law needs, including Health Care, Employee Benefits, Corporate Law, and even, as necessary, from a Litigation perspective.
Our attorneys regularly counsel on the following immigration law matters:
- Non-immigrant employment visa petitions including H-1B (professionals), O-1 (aliens of exceptional ability), H-2 (intermittent workers), H-3 (trainees), L-1A (managers and executives), L-1B (specialized knowledge), E-1 (treaty traders), E-2 (treaty investors), TN (NAFTA workers), P-1 (entertainers and athletes), F-1 (students who obtain work authorization), and B-1 (business visitors)
- Blanket L-1 authorization to more easily transfer international employees to the U.S.
- Permanent residency processing through immigrant visas in the Employment-Based First Preference (EB-1) areas of Multi-national Managers/Executives, Outstanding Researchers and Extraordinary Ability
- Permanent residency processing through the application for foreign labor certification (PERM) processes for immigrant visas in either the Employment-Based Second and Third Preferences (EB-2 and EB-3)
- Permanent residency processing through the National Interest Waiver (NIW) process for immigrant visas in EB-2
- J-1 two-year return and inadmissibility waivers
- Family-based (marriage, fiancé(e), parent-child, sibling) immigrant visa petitions, when the process is faster, easier or more economical than employment-based
- Adjustment of Status (I-485) applications to obtain permanent resident status
- Diversity Visa Lottery permanent resident processing
- Consular Processing of Immigrant Visas and Nonimmigrant Visas at U.S. Consulates outside the U.S.
- Post-permanent resident processes such as Reentry Permits, preservation of permanent resident status for naturalization purposes, and naturalization
- Development of employment verification (I-9) system and E-Verify compliance programs
- In-house audits of H-1B and I-9 programs, policy development for Department of Labor and Department of Homeland Security investigations, and investigation defense
- Development of effective anti-discrimination policies related to immigration, including management of Office of Special Counsel (Department of Justice) investigations