A frequent speaker on real estate matters, land use and zoning and tax incremental financing, Bruce is widely recognized in the business community as a knowledgeable and practical lawyer with the ability and relationships to get things done.
Bruce T. Block has been practicing law since 1979 and is a shareholder in Reinhart’s Real Estate Practice.
Bruce’s clients include private developers and investors, institutional developers and investors, lenders, municipalities and community development authorities. He has significant experience in a broad range of real estate matters including land use planning, zoning, eminent domain, historic tax credits, multiple and mixed use ownership structures, tax incremental financing and leasing, construction and design contracts. Bruce’s extensive contacts in both public and private sectors are key factors in his ability to navigate complex transactions to successful and creative conclusions.
J.D., magna cum laude, Boston University School of Law
B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison; Phi Beta Kappa
- Development of the Manpower Inc. headquarters building in Milwaukee
- Development of the Northwestern Mutual Campus expansion in Milwaukee
- Pabst Farms mixed use development in Oconomowoc
- Redevelopment of the Bayshore Town Center in Glendale
- Development of UW-Milwaukee Innovation Campus
- Development of the UW-Milwaukee Real Estate Foundation Riverview and Cambridge Commons residential facilities in Milwaukee
- Development of the downtown Riverwalk system in Milwaukee
- Honors & Affiliations
- Honorary Doctor of Architecture Degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, May 2010
- Best Lawyers’ 2015 Milwaukee Land Use and Zoning Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers’ 2014 Milwaukee Real Estate “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers’ 2013 Milwaukee Land Use & Zoning Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers’ 2011 Milwaukee Land Use & Zoning “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers’ 2009 Milwaukee Real Estate “Lawyer of the Year”
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2008 – 2017
- Wisconsin Law Journal “Leader in the Law” (2014)
- Wisconsin Top Rated Lawyer Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Member of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Recipient of the 2011 Frank Kirkpatrick Award from the Greater Milwaukee Foundation
- State Bar of Wisconsin (former Chair, Construction Law Section)
- UWM Foundation (former Chair of the Board of Directors)
- UWM Real Estate Foundation (Chair of the Board of Directors)
- Wisconsin Historical Society (former member of the Board of Curators)
- Wisconsin Historical Foundation (former Chair of the Board of Directors)
- Wisconsin Preservation Fund (President)
- Wisconsin Heritages, Inc. (former President)
- State of Wisconsin Historic Preservation Review Board
- National Trust Community Investment Corporation (Board of Directors, Chair of Finance Committee)
- Turner Ballroom Preservation Trust (Director and Secretary)
- Froedtert Hospital (Board of Directors)
- Froedtert Health, Inc. (Director)
- Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra (former Director)
- Milwaukee Riverwalk District, Inc. (Board Member and Secretary)
- Public Policy Forum (Trustee)
- Greater Milwaukee Committee
Fifteen Reinhart attorneys are recognized as 2017 “Leaders in their Field” by Chambers USA.
Reinhart Shareholder Bruce Block Inducted into Milwaukee Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Hall of Fame
Reinhart shareholder Bruce Block is among a group of four Milwaukee-area business executives who will be inducted into the Milwaukee Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Hall of Fame.
39 Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c. (Reinhart) attorneys are recognized as Wisconsin “Super Lawyers” and 17 are recognized as “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars.”
98 Reinhart attorneys have been named 2017 “Best Lawyers in America” and nine are “Lawyers of the Year.”
Sixteen Reinhart attorneys are named “Leaders in their Field” by Chambers USA.
Reinhart Attorneys and Practice Areas Recognized as Legal Profession Leaders by Chambers USA.
47 Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c. attorneys are recognized as 2014 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and 20 are recognized as Super Lawyers – Rising Stars.
Best Lawyers in America 2015 Includes 89 Reinhart Attorneys; Six are “Lawyers of the Year”
Reinhart Attorneys and Practice Areas Recognized as Legal Profession Leaders by Chambers USA
64 Reinhart Attorneys Recognized by Wisconsin Super Lawyers
Seven Reinhart Attorneys Named 2014 “Lawyers of the Year” by Best Lawyers
Best Lawyers in America 2014 Includes 85 Reinhart Attorneys; Seven are “Lawyers of the Year”
Reinhart Real Estate Co-Chair Bruce Block Quoted in Business Journal-Milwaukee Article on Proposed Hotel at Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa
Reinhart real estate co-chair Bruce Block quoted in Business Journal-Milwaukee article on proposed hotel at Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa.
Nineteen Reinhart Attorneys Recognized as 2013 “Leaders in Their Field” by Chambers USA.
Best Lawyers in America 2013 Includes 83 Reinhart Attorneys; Four Are “Lawyers of the Year”
Bruce Block, Reinhart Shareholder and Real Estate Co-Chair, Mentioned in Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Article on Historic Milwaukee Event Taking Place at Reinhart on April 11. Block Will Moderate the Panel Discussion on Historic Districts.
Bruce Block, Reinhart shareholder and real estate co-chair, mentioned in Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article on Historic Milwaukee event taking place at Reinhart on April 11. Block will moderate the panel discussion on historic districts.
Third Coast Digest Article Includes Recap of Historic Milwaukee Event Held at Reinhart on April 11, Along with Photo of Panel Discussion Moderator Bruce Block
Third Coast Digest article includes recap of Historic Milwaukee event held at Reinhart on April 11, along with photo of panel discussion moderator Bruce Block.
Park East advisory panel to include Reinhart Real Estate co-chair Bruce Block.
Reinhart Shareholder Bruce Block Mentioned in NAIOP Wisconsin Article on WATERFall of Opportunity Event
Reinhart shareholder Bruce Block mentioned in NAIOP Wisconsin article on WATERFall of Opportunity event.
Reinhart Shareholder Bruce Block Mentioned in OnMilwaukee.com Article on Remarkable Milwaukee Celebration. Block Will Moderate the “Envisioning the Seen-MKE” Roundtable Discussion at This Year’s Event.
Reinhart shareholder Bruce Block mentioned in OnMilwaukee.com article on Remarkable Milwaukee celebration. Block will moderate the “Envisioning the Seen-MKE” roundtable discussion at this year’s event.
54 Reinhart Attorneys Recognized by Wisconsin Super Lawyers.
63 Reinhart Attorneys Recognized by Wisconsin Super Lawyers.
City of Ripon hires Bruce Block to assist in evaluating development agreement.
68 Attorneys from Reinhart Included in the Best Lawyers in America 2012.
Block and Howley Re-Elected to Reinhart’s Board of Directors.
Bruce Block quoted in the Business Journal article Gilbert forges partnerships to build UWM.
52 Reinhart Attorneys Recognized by Super Lawyers.
Reinhart Lawyers Recognized as Best Lawyers “Lawyers of the Year.”
In Milwaukee Business Journal, Bruce Block comments on UWM’s Wauwatosa campus TIF approval.
In the Business Journal, Bruce Block reacts to report on potential UWM Wauwatosa campus.
Chambers USA Recognizes Reinhart Lawyers and Practice Groups as Legal Profession Leaders.
Bruce Block’s Comments About the Potential UWM Innovation Park in Wauwatosa Are Included in The Business Journal of Milwaukee
Bruce Block’s comments about the potential UWM Innovation Park in Wauwatosa are included in The Business Journal of Milwaukee.
Bruce Block Participates in the The Business Journal’s CEO Forum.
45 Reinhart Attorneys Recognized by Super Lawyers.
Jerry Janzer and Bruce Block named to Milwaukee Business Journal’s 2009 Power List.
Reinhart Forms Water Innovation, Technology and Sustainability (WITS) Group.
Bruce Block quoted in Milwaukee Business Journal.
Chambers USA Recognizes Reinhart Lawyers and Practice Groups.
Reinhart Attorney Bruce Block Offers Insight into Local Real Estate Market in Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Bruce Block in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Reinhart Attorney Bruce Block Offers Insight into Local Real Estate Market in Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Bruce Block Elected to Froedtert Hospital Foundation Board.
Reinhart Real Estate “Lawyers of the Year.”
Bruce Block Addresses Changes in Lending Standards in an Article in The Business Journal of Greater Milwaukee
Bruce Block Addresses Changes in Lending Standards in an Article in The Business Journal of Greater Milwaukee.
Reinhart Announces New Shareholders; Results from Board of Directors Election.