Trust, Estate and Fiduciary Litigation
Reinhart’s Trust, Estate and Fiduciary Litigation attorneys represent corporate fiduciaries, individuals, and charitable organizations in their capacities as trustees, personal representatives, agents under powers of attorney, guardians, beneficiaries, and/or other interested parties to resolve a broad range of trust, estate and probate disputes involving complex legal and personal issues.
Fiduciary litigation involves a technical and highly-specialized practice of law as well as an understanding of the emotional component of trust and estate disputes. Our extensive experience and expertise, particularly in disputes involving families, closely held corporations, and corporate fiduciaries, makes us uniquely equipped to resolve the difficult problems that arise in administering or settling an estate or trust.
We handle all aspects of trust, estate, probate and fiduciary litigation, from compliance counseling and litigation prevention all the way through trial and appeal. We have developed a reputation for negotiating creative and efficient resolutions that minimize family strife, expense and publicity. Our Fiduciary Litigation attorneys routinely handle matters involving:
- Fiduciary Compliance Counseling for Agents under Powers of Attorney, Trustees, Personal Representatives, Guardians and Conservators.
- Pre-litigation dispute resolution.
- Trust and Will Interpretation or Construction.
- Asset Investment and Administration Disputes.
- Fiduciary Removal or Disqualification Actions.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty and Fiduciary Misconduct Disputes.
- Tortious Interference with Expected Inheritance Claims.
- Actions for Trust Accountings.
- Will and Trust Contests (Lack of Testamentary Capacity and Undue Influence).
- Trust Modification and Reformation.
- Marital Property Disputes.
- Settlement Agreements.