Real Estate Leasing
Reinhart’s prominent Real Estate Leasing group assists a diverse group of local and national clients with a variety of leasing needs. Leveraging the depth and experience of its team, the Real Estate Leasing group efficiently negotiates complex and intricate real estate deals, anticipating obstacles along the way and adeptly finding proactive, creative solutions.
We have experience in many specialized lease arrangements, including ground leases, bondable leases, build-to-suit leases and leases involving tax credits and incentives. Many of our national corporate clients routinely call on us to provide cost-effective tenant representation in their leasing transactions across the country, and we are able to work efficiently on their behalf at rates significantly lower than those charged by comparable firms located in more expensive legal markets.
We understand that the biggest keys to success in real estate transactions are responsiveness, risk abatement and thoroughness. That perspective, along with our decades of experience representing landlords and tenants, allows us to leverage our savvy business sense to achieve notable outcomes for our clients.
Our experience spans large, commercial real estate projects across the country in a variety of industries, and includes office buildings, health care facilities, industrial properties and large shopping centers.
We also support our Corporate Law Practice in mergers and acquisitions involving multistate, multi-property transactions and assist clients in structuring sale and leaseback transactions.
- Represented The Brewery Works, landlord of Schlitz Park, an urban office park, in the drafting and negotiation of a 54,000 square feet lease with Reader’s Digest Association, 88,000 square feet lease with UMB Fund Services and 16,000 square feet with HAS Bank.
- Represented a large multi-national corporation in the drafting and negotiation of approximately fifty different lease and sublease transactions involving various office, warehouse and industrial properties across the country
- Represented a large medical product manufacturer and distributor involving the sale or leasing of office and distribution centers in various locations in the United States
- Represented a lender in a $240 million mortgage loan, including negotiating terms and conditions and working with borrower’s counsel to obtain required diligence and local counsel opinions on water and mineral rights
- Drafted and negotiated on behalf of a tenant a five-year, 250,000 square-foot warehouse lease in the City of Industry, California, and a related parking lot licensing agreement
- Represented a print solution provider in separate stock purchase acquisitions of smaller companies for a combined $150 million, including drafting and negotiating real estate portions of the Stock Purchase Agreements, supervising the review of related diligence materials and obtaining required landlord consents
- Represented a metal holding company in a $20 million acquisition of another metal company with a leaseback component, including drafting and negotiating two scrap metal yard leases and supervising related due diligence efforts
- Represented a manufacturer in securing $75 million debtor-in-possession financing prior to filing for bankruptcy, including negotiating real estate provisions in the loan agreement and ensuring diligence is prepared for the client to secure exit financing when it is ready to exit bankruptcy
- Reviewed mortgages and other loan documents and provided required real estate opinions as Wisconsin local counsel in various financing transactions as either borrower’s or lender’s counsel
- Served as Wisconsin local counsel for various acquisition, disposition and leasing transactions involving Wisconsin real property
Trump recently signed his “Buy American, Hire American” executive order, which directs federal agencies to develop policy proposals to reform the United States’ guest worker visa program and prioritize the use and acquisition of American-made goods and materials in federal contracts.