Vincent J. Beres is a shareholder in Reinhart’s Corporate Law, Tax, and Food and Beverage practices as well as the managing shareholder of the firm’s Waukesha location. His clientele consists of businesses ranging from closely held partnerships, LLCs and S corporations to large national and multi-national manufacturing and service corporations. Vince also has years of experience as a trusted business and family adviser to individual business owners. Vince’s practice is centered primarily on privately held, family-owned businesses where he is viewed as a trusted family adviser and enjoys developing long-term working relationships with his clients.
Vince practiced as a certified public accountant prior to joining Reinhart. His background provides him with a unique perspective in understanding both the legal side as well as the accounting and tax side of his client cases. Able to play a dual role as an accountant and attorney, Vince is well-equipped to advise his clients on business, financial, and tax issues.
His personable nature allows him to immerse himself into the structure of family business in order to understand the dynamics that are specific to the business. After gaining a deeper understanding of the family dynamics and business as a whole, he advises his clients in ways to meet their goals and objectives. In addition to his legal work, Vince is a frequent speaker on various tax and business planning issues.
Vince serves the following industries:
- Food and Beverage
- Medical Device and Technology
J.D., cum laude, Marquette University Law School
B.S., cum laude, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. Court of Appeals
U.S. Tax Court
- Helping a food manufacturing client in the acquisition, development and financing of a new manufacturing facility as part of a strategic effort to help the client obtain a greater market share
- Counseling a management group in the buy-out of a manufacturing supplier to the airline industry, enabling the client to increase its market share through product development and greater geographical scope
- Structuring a closely held medical technology company’s business and family succession plans, including exit strategies, enabling the client to minimize tax liability and more effectively achieve business and personal financial goals.
- Prepare a large distribution company and its owners for the sale of the business along with finding a suitable buyer. His efforts maximized the purchase price received on the sale of the company and rewarded the owners for their past achievements.
- Served as an arbitrator and successfully resolving various purchase price adjustment disputes raised in connection with a business acquisition.
- Successfully represented a large retail company in a tax controversy with the Internal Revenue Service and planning to minimize future taxes.
- Frequent speaker on various tax and business planning issues
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America (Corporate Law; Litigation & Controversy-Tax; Tax Law)
- Wisconsin Top Rated Lawyer Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Certified Public Accountant
- Serves on the Board in an advisor capacity for several of his clients