Troy E. Giles is a shareholder in Reinhart’s Environmental and Real Estate practices where he works with manufacturers, developers, lenders and municipalities to provide a comprehensive range of adherence and compliance to environmental laws and regulations. He has significant experience working with and appearing before state and federal agencies including the US EPA and the WDNR in matters involving environmental reporting and compliance.
With nearly twenty years of legal experience, Troy understands the ever-evolving connection between environmental law and everyday business operations; therefore, he is able to provide his clients with strategic and practical approaches to environmental matters intended to maximize business opportunities while minimizing risk potential. Troy is adept in handling the entire life-cycle from acquisition and development to letting and disposal of real estate maters.
Prior to joining Reinhart, Troy served as General Counsel and Director of Human Resources for the world leader of collector cars, vintage/antique motorcycles, and Road Art. He also was General Counsel and Director of Business Operations for an engineering and environmental consulting firm where he oversaw the firm’s legal matters, managed outside counsel, and drove growth strategies—including the firm’s brand development for more than ten years.
Troy’s well-rounded background provides him with a unique perspective since he approach cases from a legal and businesses understanding which aligns him closely with his clients. His knowledge and experience enables him to consider both sides of an issue in order to provide tailor-made legal advice. Having operational and business experience makes Troy empathetic to his client’s challenges, needs, and struggles and clients appreciate that he is available day or night to answer any of their questions or concerns.
J.D., University of Wyoming Law School
Institute on International and Comparative Law – University of San Diego
B.S., cum laude, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Preparing and negotiating professional service contracts
- Real estate transactions
- Lease agreements
- Employment agreements
- Commercial, industrial and multi-family real estate transactions
- Brownfield redevelopment and grant assistance
- Wetland issues
- Environmental compliance and due diligence
- Environmental remediation
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Waukesha Bar Association
- Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful (KGMB) (Board of Directors and Secretary)
- KGMB Milwaukee T.R.E.E. House Fundraising Campaign (Committee Chair)
- Tall Pines Conservancy (Board of Directors; Committee Member)
- Provident Realty Company (Board of Directors and Treasurer)
- National Ski Patrol-Alpine Patroller
- Member of Heiliger Huegel Ski Club
- “Farmers Beware: Does Your Insurance Policy Cover Your Ordinary Course Operations?”
- “Changes in Wetland Regulations: A Comprehensive Review,” including updates in the mitigation program, Fee in Lieu program and permitting (June 2014)