Mindy F. Rice is an attorney in Reinhart’s Banking and Finance Practice where she offers legal advice related to a wide range of finance transactional matters to lenders and borrowers, financial institutions and private equity companies. Mindy’s practice is primarily focused on complex transactions involving syndicated and club financing deals, acquisition finance, tax-exempt bonds, mezzanine finance, first-lien/second-lien financing, private placements and asset-based lending. With more than a decade of experience, she is familiar with the intricacies specific to these complex transactions.
Prior to joining Reinhart, Mindy worked as an attorney in New York for two large international law firms where she focused on private equity and acquisition finance, securitizations, 144A and Regulation S private bond placements, and equipment leasing finance. This background experience has been invaluable as her practice has evolved into structuring, negotiating, and documenting a broad range of finance transactions. Mindy has significant experience representing borrowers and lenders in the food and beverage industries and is excited to be involved in Wisconsin’s vibrant agribusiness industry. She has represented both dairy industry borrowers and lenders in large, syndicated revolving and term loan deals involving traditional commercial lenders as well as farm credit banks. Another area of focus of her practice involves representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in cash-flow and asset-based loans involving senior, mezzanine and first-lien/second-lien structures.
Mindy enjoys helping lenders and borrowers obtain the financing necessary to grow their businesses and helping business people understand the practical business implications of various legal options.
Mindy primarily serves the following industries:
- Food and Beverage
- Private Equity
J.D., Columbia Law School
B.A., University of Washington (Economics and European Studies)
- Represented large dairy product manufacturer in $750,000,000 unsecured syndicated credit facility with revolving and term loan components
- Represented issuer in multiple series of private placements to institutional investors aggregating $375,000,000
- Represented agent bank in $150,000,000 syndicated revolving loan to food manufacturer secured by personal property assets
- Represented agent bank in over $50,000,000 club financing to agricultural product producer
- Represented borrower dairy producer in $310,000,000 syndicated credit facility consisting of revolving loans, commercial bank term loans and farm credit term loan tranche
- Represented agent bank in syndicated revolving and term loan credit facility to brewing company
- Represented borrower in senior asset-based loan, senior equipment loan and secured mezzanine financing aggregating over $45,000,000.
- Represented lender in approximately $25,000,000 single bank asset-based loan to food product companies
- Represented private equity sponsor in $35,000,000 first-lien/second lien financing involving senior asset-based loan revolving and term loans and second-lien term loans related to acquisition of manufacturing company
- Represented portfolio companies on behalf of private equity sponsor in senior cash-flow based loan related to acquisition of a group of manufacturing companies
- Represented an education-related 501(c)(3) conduit borrower in $25,000,000 tax-exempt bond financing
- Represented bank in direct purchase 501(c)(3) tax-exempt bond refinancing
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Committee on Uniform Commercial Code
- Committee on Commercial Finance, Agricultural and Agri-Business Financing Subcommittee
- James Kent Scholar