Kevin J. Howley advises closely held and public companies on business law matters including mergers and acquisitions, early stage and growth financing, product licensing and distribution, business strategy, legal risk management, corporate governance, and succession planning. He serves clients in diverse industries including manufacturing, financial software and technology, material handling and logistics, food ingredients, outdoor recreation, paper processing and converting as well as staffing and outsourcing services.
Kevin is active in Reinhart’s Corporate Law and International practices, a member of the firm’s multidisciplinary Product Distribution and Franchise Law team, and a member of Reinhart’s Board of Directors.
Kevin recognizes the importance of listening to his clients to ensure that he understands his client’s business, needs and objectives before collaborating to develop customized legal strategies that employ appropriate resources to successfully satisfy client expectations. Kevin is familiar with the specific challenges associated with multi-generational business succession planning, and he enjoys working closely with business owners as they navigate the process of ownership succession. A major focus of Kevin’s practice for more than 25 years has been advising international clients regarding inbound investments and their ownership, operation, and acquisition of businesses within the United States.
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Illinois College of Law
B.A., magna cum laude, Loras College
- Successful completion of numerous major acquisitions for a financial services technology company in support of its strategic growth plan
- Assisting European manufacturers in expanding both their manufacturing base and their distribution networks in the United States through acquisitions and the subsequent strategic realignment of distribution channels to maximize business synergy while minimizing litigation risk in transition
- Advising foreign and domestic clients on how to simplify complex corporate structures to streamline operations, insulate assets from historical or unrelated risks and maximize tax efficiency
- Working closely with business owners through the challenges of generational management and ownership succession
- Helping entrepreneurs to secure early stage and growth financing to fuel organic and acquisition-based growth
- Best Lawyers in America (Corporate Law; International Trade and Finance Law; Mergers & Acquisitions Law)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Chairperson of the Business Law Section 2008-2010)
- American Bar Association (Mergers & Acquisitions Section)