Kathryn K. Westfall is an attorney in Reinhart’s Corporate Law Practice with a practice focusing on transactional, commercial, corporate and financing matters for both publicly owned and private companies. She provides legal counsel to buyers, sellers, issuers, and borrowers with mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, and capital-raising transactions. Kate also regularly advises clients with general corporate and business laws matters including best practices for manufacturing, supply, distribution, production and other agreements.
Kate is experienced with drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts including stock and asset purchase, sale agreements, merger agreements, employment and non-competition agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, license agreements, consulting agreements and commission agreements. She also routinely assists clients with drafting of private placement memorandums, subscription agreements, operating agreements and other corporate organizational documents for start-up companies.
Holding an Masters in Business Administration, Kate has a solid understanding of business to supplement her critical, analytical and strategic thinking skills necessary to advise clients from a legal and business perspective.
While studying for her MBA, Kate coached Division I soccer for Mercer University. She also played Division I collegiate soccer and was named an NCAA All-American. Prior to joining Reinhart, Kate worked in the front office of the Chicago Red Stars professional women’s soccer team as the Director of Finance. Out of her cleats, Kate’s athletic drive, discipline, and determination translate from the soccer field into her law career as she helps clients successfully navigate business challenges.
Kate primarily serves the following industries:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Emerging Companies – Entity Formation and Organization
- Corporate Governance and Investor Relations Services
- Food and Beverage Law
- Brewery and Brewpub Law
J.D., cum laude, Marquette University Law School
M.B.A., Mercer University – Stetson School of Business
A.B., with honors, Harvard University
- Advises private companies in mergers and acquisitions and asset sales
- Represents angel and venture capital investors in venture financings
- Counsels start-up companies in private placement offerings, including private placement memorandums, subscription agreements and SEC compliance
- Advises Internet companies on general terms and conditions and privacy policies
- Assists Internet and other start-up companies with formation, debt and equity financing and general corporate matters
- Drafting and reviewing business agreements, including supply, distribution, non-competition, non-disclosures, consulting and licensing agreements
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
- LGBT Bar Association of Wisconsin, Board of Directors
- Marquette Law School Corporate Moot Court Team, Coach
- Marquette Youth Institute Program, Mentor
- Panelist, “State of the Brewery: Market Trends, Creative Solutions and Hot Topics,” Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 4pm
- Co-Presenter, FaB Wisconsin (The State Food and Beverage Industry Cluster) Kick-Off Conference, Capitalizing Growing Food and Beverage Companies, Wednesday, October 14, 2015