Justin P. Webb is an attorney in Reinhart’s Litigation Practice and a member of the Data Privacy and Security, and Patent and Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Groups. His work includes advising clients on data privacy and security matters, and litigating cases across the subject matter spectrum in both federal and state court. Justin previously served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable J. P. Stadtmueller of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
Prior to his clerkship, Justin served as the Information Security Officer at Marquette University where he was responsible for all aspects of the university’s cybersecurity. Justin handled intrusion detection and prevention, data security, incident response (including forensics), and penetration testing. He also assisted with drafting information security policies and coordinated with the Office of General Counsel on legal issues relating to information privacy.
During law school, Justin was a judicial intern for the Honorable Diane S. Sykes of the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and Justice Ann Walsh Bradley of the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Justin was a Reinhart summer associate in 2013.
J.D., summa cum laude, Marquette University Law School
B.S., University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Wisconsin Humane Society (Young Leaders Advisory Board)
- Marquette Law Review, former Technology Editor
- Marquette Law School Pro Bono Society
- Eagle Scout
- Justin P. Webb, Note, Car-ving Out Notions of Privacy: The Impact of GPS Tracking and Why Maynard is a Move in the Right Direction, 95 MARQ. L. Rev. 751 (2011-2012)
- Author, Cybercrime Review (April 2012 – present)
- Panelist, “A Smarter World? Internet of Things Readies Itself to Change the Way Things Are Done,” Milwaukee Business Journal (May 2017).
- Panelist, “Ethics of Big Data II,” Symposium, Marquette University (April 2017).
- Presenter, “BioForward Speaker Series: Keeping Biohealth Data Secure,” BioForward Wisconsin (March 2017).
- Presenter, “Litigation Trends in Privacy and Data Security,” Milwaukee Bar Association, Civil Litigation (March 2017).
- Presenter, “Technically Challenged by Cybersecurity Risk Management?” Wisconsin State Bar, State Bar Center (December 2016)
- Presenter, “Technically Challenged by Cybersecurity Risk Management?” Reinhart CLE Series (November 2016)
- Presenter, “Technically Challenged by Cybersecurity Risk Management? Practical Strategies for Implementing Security Compliance for You and Your Clients,” State Bar of Wisconsin Health, Labor and Employment Law Institute (August 2016)