Justin F. Oeth is a shareholder in Reinhart’s Real Estate Practice and co-chair of the Construction Industry group. He serves a range of clients including large companies, national retailers, financial institutions, health care organizations, and other real estate developers and investors with their real estate needs.
With over a decade of legal experience, he has extensive experience serving as the lead attorney on significant leasing, construction and other development projects in Wisconsin and nationally. Justin regularly assists clients with negotiating and drafting leases, subleases, amendments and non-disturbance agreements in connection with office, warehouse, manufacturing, retail and health care facilities. He also provides ongoing legal advice to real estate clients in connection with their leasing activities including advice on construction of tenant buildouts and disputes with landlords.
Outside of his legal practice, Justin frequently presents on real estate topics to professional audiences and has contributed to several State Bar of Wisconsin publications.
J.D., The Ohio State University Law School
B.B.A., magna cum laude, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Finance and Economics)
- Representing a Fortune 500 corporation in all aspects of its expansive national office lease portfolio, including working closely with the company’s construction team to effectively manage and coordinate all tenant and landlord build-out activities
- Assisting a health care system to expand and upgrade its facilities, including the development of a hospital, medical office building and stand-alone clinics, through the use of creative legal arrangements such as ground leases and joint ventures
- Assisting a client in the financial institution industry with the expansion, renovation and new construction of more than 250 of its facilities by negotiating and drafting applicable construction, architect and construction management contracts
- Representing universities in the acquisition, development, financing and leasing of property for the purpose of expanding their campuses and student housing facilities
- Negotiating and drafting a favorable lease for a large corporation involving a 500,000 square foot, build-to-suit distribution facility, enabling the client to meet its strategic deadline
- Working to help a client in the hospitality industry acquire a historic downtown hotel while maximizing tax benefits under a reverse 1031 exchange transaction
- Multiple selections for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition
- Madison Area Sports Commission (Board of Directors)
- City of Fitchburg Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors)
- South Central Wisconsin Housing Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides low-income homebuyers with low-interest loans (Board of Directors)
- Wisconsin Legislative Council Study Committee on the Preservation of Burial Sites
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Real Property Section)
- Dane County Bar Association
- Contributing author, Commercial Real Estate Transactions in Wisconsin
- Organizer of and regular contributor to the Reinhart Real Estate Report, a newsletter providing general information regarding real estate issues