Guy R. Temple is shareholder in Reinhart’s Litigation Practice who represents a variety of clients including business owners, product manufacturers, developers, and distributors with a wide range of complex legal issues related to product distribution, franchising, and supply chain disputes. Guy’s practice also includes representing individual and corporate fiduciaries in a broad range of trust, estate and probate disputes.
Over the course of his career, Guy has successfully represented clients in state and federal courts throughout the country at both the trial and appellate levels. He is also admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Wisconsin, the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, and the Northern District of Illinois. Guy regularly advises clients regarding compliance with state, federal and foreign laws concerning product distribution, franchise and dealership agreements, unfair competition and price discrimination.
As a litigator working in tandem with Reinhart’s Trusts and Estates practice, Guy counsels trustees, personal representatives, beneficiaries, and other interested parties on trust, estate, and probate disputes including claims of breach of trust and breach of fiduciary duty.
Prior to joining the firm, Guy served for 4.5 years as a Captain in the United States Air Force JAG Corps where he represented both individual clients and senior military leadership involved in criminal or civil legal matters affecting the organization and administration of Air Force operations.
Guy’s Air Force experience required him to work in high-stress environments and under tight deadlines on which military operations were dependent. This unique background proves useful in his civilian practice as Guy’s clients appreciate his dedication and ability to quickly find a solution to their legal matters so they can return their focus upon what matters – their business.
Recognizing the importance of giving back to his community, Guy is actively involved in the firm’s pro bono program partnered with Legal Action of Wisconsin and the Sojourner Family Peace Center. Through his involvement with this organization, he has secured vital court-ordered restraining orders and injunctions on behalf of victims of domestic violence.
J.D., Northwestern University School of Law
B.A., cum laude, Miami University
Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlements for a large Wisconsin manufacturer and secured dismissals of breach of contract claims brought by former suppliers
- Collaborated with a team of attorneys to represent European underwriters in complex, multi-party disputes concerning excess loss policies
- Successfully defended a major Wisconsin manufacturer against trade secret, breach of contract and unfair competition claims by a former supplier
- Joined Reinhart team in briefing an appeal to the Wisconsin Supreme Court involving complex environmental issues against a municipal sewerage district
- Negotiated complex settlement of dispute over trust terms and allegations of breach of fiduciary duty on behalf of corporate trustee
- Defended individual trustee against breach of fiduciary duty claims and trustee removal action
- Joint Service Commendation Medal, Air Force Commendation Medal and Iraq Campaign Medal
- Northwestern Law School “Public Service Star”
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers – Rising Star Edition
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Eastern District Bar Association
- Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property
- Northwestern University Children and Family Justice Center
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Delta Upsilon
- Benjamin Harrison Scholar
- Presentation to the Milwaukee Bar Association titled, “Collaboration Among Competitors and Antitrust Compliance” (November 2013)
- Presentation to the Wisconsin State Bar Annual Meeting titled, “A Beneficiary is Threatening to Sue Your Trustee Client – Now What?” (June 2015)