Intellectual Property Essentials for the Contemporary Business Environment
1801 Deming Way
Madison, WI 53562
Please join us for a complimentary seminar: Intellectual Property Essentials for the Contemporary Business Environment presented by Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren’s Intellectual Property Law Practice attorneys.
Intellectual property (IP) rights procurement and enforcement have become more and more critical to the success of the modern business. Not only do these activities serve to protect the intellectual investment put into a business, they also serve to increase the overall value of that business. A sound understanding of the basic forms of IP protection and business arrangements surrounding the protection of one’s IP is necessary to remain competitive. This program is designed to give stakeholders an overview of the various IP rights common in the contemporary business environment.
Who Should Attend
Small- to mid-sized manufacturers and technology companies
- General Counsel
7:30 a.m. – Registration, Continental Breakfast and Networking
8:00 a.m. – Presentations
9:00 a.m. – Q & A Moderated by Jessica Hutson Polakowski / Networking
IP Agreements: Practical Considerations for Contemporary Businesses ~ Michael Baima
- Basic overview of the typical agreements which address intellectual property issues when collaborating with third parties
- Best practices for using the right agreement at the right time
- Overview of common pitfalls and how to avoid them
U.S. Intellectual Property Issues ~ Jeremy Bridge
- Basic overview of patents and the rights conferred by patents
- Basic business decisions to consider when deciding whether to pursue patent rights
- Pitfalls related to normal business practices that can prevent your ability to obtain patent rights
Trademarks 101 ~ Gordon Wright
- Basics of U.S. trademark law
- Tips for selecting a strong trademark
- Nuts and bolts of the trademark application process
About Our Speakers
Michael J. Baima* is a shareholder and registered patent attorney in Reinhart’s Intellectual Property Practice.
Jeremy R. Bridge* is a shareholder and registered patent attorney in Reinhart’s Intellectual Property Practice.
Jessica Hutson Polakowski** is a shareholder in Reinhart’s Intellectual Property Litigation and Litigation practice groups.
Gordon M. Wright*** is a shareholder and registered patent attorney in the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice.
*Admitted to the Bar in Illinois
**Admitted to the Bar in Wisconsin
***Admitted to the Bar in Illinois and Wisconsin
Register by Wednesday, September 6
For questions, contact Nancy Pozgay at 414-298-8652.
Get customized alerts, updates, event reminders and more.