Reinhart understands the value of diversity, and we are fully invested in maintaining an environment that attracts and sustains diversity of gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation among our staff. A diverse workforce provides the highest value for client services by forging solutions to problems from different perspectives. Likewise, our vendors best serve us when they represent a diverse supplier network for goods and services needed by the firm. Reinhart is committed to several related objectives, including building relationships in the community, law schools, and ethnic bar associations. Through our work, we seek to provide opportunities for, and to promote the awareness of, diversity.
Several of our diversity initiatives focus on building relationships, which include:
- Diversity and Inclusion Education. Reinhart is committed to ongoing learning an education via internal programs to promote an inclusive firm culture. Diversity and Inclusion was a cornerstone of our 2015 firm strategic planning retreat and subsequent programs.
- Firm Diversity Committee. Reinhart is dedicated to providing programs, benefits and recruiting efforts focused on creating a more diverse workforce. Our Diversity Committee is made up of partners, associates and staff who are actively involved in professional and community events and maintain contacts in a wide-range of bar associations and other relevant organizations. They serve as mentors and resources for incoming attorneys of diverse backgrounds.
- Professional Development of Minority Attorneys. Reinhart has and continues to foster professional development activities for attorneys of diverse backgrounds outside the law firm. We seek to identify innovative ways to work with other professionals to share skills and knowledge and expand the opportunities available, including the opportunity to participate in internal and external education programs. We have proudly sponsored programs for ethnic bar associations.
- Local Community Organizations. Reinhart supports the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee, Neighborhood House of Milwaukee, the Girls Scouts of America, La Causa and Centro Legal among other community organizations and our attorneys hold positions on a number of these and other boards. We frequently provide sponsorships for marquee events that provide important fundraising resources to these organizations. Since 2006, we have been involved with a scholarship program where Reinhart awards a scholarship to the Neighborhood House Youth of the Year. Our employees contribute annually to more than 100 community organizations.
The 2015 Reinhart scholar was Kaliah McAdoo pictured here receiving her scholarship with Reinhart attorney and Chair of Reinhart’s Diversity Committee Mark Cameli
Reinhart scholar Kaliah McAdoo with Neighborhood House Executive Director Jeff Martinka (left) and Reinhart attorney Mark Cameli (right)
- Connecting Local Businesses. Members of our firm are frequent participants in state and local events that provide assistance to minorities, women and veteran-owned businesses. We offer presentations and counsel clients on implementing supplier diversity programs, including identifying ways for non-minority-owned companies to form relationships with minorities and/or women to capture business opportunities.
In addition to our community outreach, our Diversity Program focuses on providing opportunities and building relationships through several other channels, including:
- Women’s Initiatives. We have long been an advocate of women’s initiatives and established the Reinhart Women’s Forum (RWF) as a means to attract and retain professional women. RWF provides opportunities for women to network, mentor and share business skills and strategies. The RWF mentoring groups are comprised of senior, mid-level and junior attorneys from departments throughout the firm who meet regularly to discuss practice development and reputation building within the legal community. In addition, we have sponsored numerous conferences for women in the communities we serve.
- TEMPO. Reinhart attorneys have been longtime members, supporters and leaders in TEMPO, which is an organization dedicated to accelerating, advancing, and elevating women leaders in the community. Reinhart has frequently sponsored many TEMPO events, including the Milwaukee Mentor Awards Luncheon and the Milwaukee Leadership Summit.
- Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC). We actively provide pro bono services to WWBIC clients and support their efforts to educate, support and finance small business enterprises. Our attorneys provide ongoing training to entrepreneurs.
- Ethnic Bar Sponsored Programs & Initiatives. We are actively involved with ethnic bar associations and are honored to be the longest running law firm recipient of the Wisconsin Association of African-American Lawyers’ (WAAL) Diversity Partner Award from 2007 to present.
Reinhart receiving Diversity Awards from the Wisconsin Association of African Lawyers in 2014, 2015 and 2016:
Pictured left to right: Reinhart attorney Brittany Lopez Naleid, Veta T. Richardson, President of the Association of Corporate Counsel, Reinhart attorney Mark Cameli and 2015 Reinhart Summer Associate Chuma Offor
Part of our commitment to WAAL has included co-sponsorship of seminars with the organization.
Reinhart also supports the Wisconsin Hispanic Lawyers Association (WHLA). Brittany Lopez Naleid, a Reinhart attorney and Reinhart Diversity committee member, chairs the membership committee of WHLA.
In addition, Reinhart sponsors the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Diversity Committee’s annual Diversity Counsel Program – a full-day workshop aimed at assisting and educating Wisconsin attorneys and corporations about diversity in the legal community.
- Minority Student Bar Associations and Related Programs. Reinhart supports minority law student associations by providing networking opportunities to those entities. It has sponsored social mixers for the Hispanic Law Student Association and Black Law Students Association. Reinhart is also proud of entering its second successful year with an innovative Buddy Program. Each fall, Reinhart sponsors a Multicultural Back-to-School Reception where interested students are paired with Reinhart attorneys and meet throughout the academic year to discuss the practice of law and potential career opportunities.
Reinhart Multicultural reception 2016.
- Diversity Outreach Shadow Program. We invite young people from an area high school or community-based organization to “shadow” one of our attorneys. This program introduces training opportunities to individuals interested in a hands-on learning experience with Reinhart attorneys.
- Minority Job Fairs and Associations. Reinhart consistently supports minority job fairs, affinity groups and professional associations, and advertises and recruits through minority-focused media.
Reinhart strives to use our visibility in our communities to raise awareness of the benefits of diversity. Our work includes:
- Sponsorship of Milwaukee Forum quarterly meetings. Reinhart has sponsored quarterly meetings for the Milwaukee Forum, which is a group dedicated to fostering relationships, building connections and encouraging dialogue and engagement with issues challenging the growth of diverse businesses and organizations in our community. Reinhart has been honored with special recognition for “support of the Forum’s efforts to identify and assemble a diverse group of individuals who are committed to building a better community.”
- SCORE and the Milwaukee Urban League. Reinhart proudly sponsors SCORE SE Wisconsin and the Milwaukee Urban League. SCORE is America’s largest volunteer business counseling service. The Milwaukee Urban League is the nation’s oldest and largest community based movement devoted to empowering African Americans to enter the economic and social mainstream.